Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ohhhh Fuuuuuddddddggggee.


I am a huge "A Christmas Story" fan.  HUGE.  I have the special edition on dvd, have my tree covered in ornaments from the movie, own a stick on life size lamp for my front picture window, as well as figurines of the characters.  I watch the WHOLE 24 hours of it on TNT Christmas Eve and Christmas day.  I drive my family NUTS with it.  My Mom and Dad are officially considering committing me to the nut house because of my fascination.... haha!   (I'll move on to my Pee-Wee Herman fascination in another blog post.) So imagine my excitement when I heard that the Christmas Story House and Museum in Ohio are celebrating the movie's 30th anniversary with a "Christmas Story in July" extravaganza!!  (Yes, I said EXTRAVAGANZA!!) My followers in Ohio, this post is directed at YOU!!!  Don't forget to wear your ugly sweater!!!  Your major award may be FRA JEEEEEEE LAY!  (must be Italian!)


 
 
 
This year's focus is to showcase Cleveland, Ohio as the destination for "All things A Christmas Story". A Christmas Story was filmed in Cleveland in the early 1980s and many of the infamous filming locations can be found around the city and enjoyed. Fans of the classic film will be quick to add Cleveland to their holiday travel plans after hearing all that is in store!


The Kick-off for the 30th Anniversary Celebration of A Christmas Story will take place on Thursday, July 25, 2013 at 10:00am. This event will formally announce all upcoming events planned for the special anniversary year. Main events will commence on the front porch of the A Christmas Story House & Museum.


Representatives from both the Cleveland Play House (play) and Near West Theatre (The Musical) will be in attendance. In support of all the Cleveland events, there will be special appearances from The Cleveland Indians mascot, "Slider" (dressed as Santa) along with other very special guests. As a bonus, get a "sneak peek" at the new A Christmas Story House & Museum Gift Shop, which will be soft-opened to the public.


Local media, businesses, and the general public are invited to come down and share in the festivities. In addition to the main events there will be entertainment for the entire family. Take a tour of the A Christmas Story House & Museum, and visit with Santa Claus himself! You might even see the "Deranged Easter Bunny" stop by. Admission to the A Christmas Story House & Museum will be discounted to $5 on July 25th. Wear an ugly Christmas sweater and be entered into a raffle to win your very own "Major Award"! This event cannot be missed!
 
The celebration continues in November and includes "A Christmas Story" convention, "A Christmas Story : The Musical", Cleveland's Winter Fest, the grand re-opening of "a Christmas Story" house and museum, and even the first annual "A Christmas Story" 5k run!!!  The festivities go all the way until the end of December.
 
If you are interested in any of this, please contact

Angela Dickerson



216-255-6651
adickerson@achristmasstoryhouse.com

No comments: