Monday, June 3, 2013

Squat challenge

On top of the 100 to summer, and the couch to 5K, I am also doing the squat challenge.  With the help of a friend on Instagram who is a great inspiration, I started on Friday with 50 squats.  I really had never done squats before, definitely not as many as 50.  So I checked out Youtube for some direction and found this video, which was helpful.   So now each night, after I get the kids to bed, I stand in front of my computer and do my squats as I check my email. I know it sounds funny to do it that way, but concentrating on something else helps me forget how hard squats can be. I also do them while brushing my teeth.  I got the technique down and did my 50 the first night.  The second night was 55, then last night was 60, which I admit, I struggled through.  Today is a day of rest, which I am grateful for.  Even though the squat challenge gives me a day of rest, it doesnt mean I wont be exercising tonight.  I also do 12-30 minutes of tabata as often as I can.  I am not sure I will be able to complete the whole 250 on day 30, but I really am trying to achieve this goal.  For this former couch potato, each time I set a goal for myself when I comes to exercise, I think I will fail terribly, but I find myself actually getting closer to that goal.  It makes me feel proud and strong, which makes me 1. excited about exercise and 2. eager to get up and do more the next day.  This is a journey, and it will take a long time and I cannot give up.  Im taking small steps to achieve a long term goal of happiness with my body. 


1 comment:

ellenmoshier@gmail.com said...

Wow! I've seen the squat challenge but haven't tried it. I'm fan of squats while brushing my teeth. don't know why....
xo ellen