Thursday, June 27, 2013

5 Random Facts

A lot of bloggers are doing this so here I am, jumping on the bandwagon.  5 random facts about me. 

1. I bite my nails something terrible.  Im not sure where I got this bad habit, but it started when I was teeny tiny and I have never been able to stop completely, no matter what I try. 

2. I have this idea in my head that I would love to be an ultrasound technician for an OB's office someday when my kids are in school full time.  Then I think about how its not all good news that ultrasound techs get to give people and I decide that I just cannot do that job.  I couldn't bear to give people bad news.  Especially when it has to do with their unborn child. 

3. I am a magazine junkie.  I couldnt even start to guess how many subscriptions to magazines I have.  I get most of them for free, cashing in my coke rewards or pampers points for them.  It is one of my guilty pleasures. 

4. Even though I love movies and watch them all the time, I have never seen "Gone With the Wind".  I worked at a video store for a few years, and the owner had never seen it either.  We made a pact that we would watch it and I never did (Not sure if she ever watched it).  People usually look at me funny when they find out I've never seen it. 

5. I used to HATE vacuuming as a kid.  This was my designated chore when I was growing up.  I would go as far as running the unplugged vacuum over the rugs in my house while my Mom was at work so it would look like I vacuumed.  Now, with a son who has dust mite allergies and a baby who is crawling everywhere, I need to vacuum my house atleast once or twice a day.  I think this is karma coming back to bite me in the ass for trying to trick my mother when I was younger. 

So there ya go.  5 random facts about me.  I'd love to hear random facts about all of you!

1 comment:

SeaStarParent said...

1. I created my own dewey decimal system for my books when I was a child. I cut out little strips of paper and taped them to the spines of the books after writing the code letters on them. They had to be put back correctly in order for my universe to be ok.
2. I joined clubs in highschool so that I could list it on my transcripts and have more writing on my year book bio...not because I wanted to make more/new friends or had an interest in the club.
3. I talk to my dogs like they can understand me...sometimes I talk back to myself (as them) if I said something really interesting. They each have their own voice and accent. One of my dogs sounds french, he's my favorite.
4. I love onion rings...but only the batter with the thinnest layer of the onion, not the onion inside.
5. I NEED to have a cup of coffee in the morning before I do ANYTHING. I mean it, it is a physical need. Do not get between me and my first cup. After that, I am my usual wonderful self.