Sunday, May 26, 2013

Paleo pancakes

I don't normally follow the Paleo diet, but I do try to eat healthy.  I have a cousin who is doing Paleo and so when I find a recipe I think she'd like, I pass it on to her.  I was reading a health magazine a few weeks ago and came across a recipe that was so super easy, that even though I don't follow the Paleo lifestyle, I knew I had to try it.  I try to do high protein, low fat, low sugar, low carb foods as much as possible, so this was perfect for me.  (The fruit is an all natural sugar, so I don't feel too bad about a little sugar splurge!)   So here is the recipe.... you ready?  Get a pen and paper......

2 eggs
1 banana
Blend
cook on cooktop or wherever you make your regular pancakes. 

Yep, that's it!  Super easy, I promised and I deliver.  I used my Ninja blender and I used my flat top non stick griddle. 
And I did double the recipe because there were 5 of us eating breakfast this morning.  4 eggs, two bananas.  One was really ripe, one was pretty hard and bright yellow.  They both blended well though, and tasted great when cooked.  The consistency is more like a thick crepe, but they looked like pancakes and my kids (and I!) all gobbled them!!  For the syrup, all I did was slice an apple, put half of the apples in the blender, then cubed the rest up.  I tossed them all into a saucepan on med heat with a TINY bit of water and some cinnamon and cooked them down.  I do this with blueberries a lot, too.  Its delicious and healthy!  

No comments: