Tuesday, October 29, 2013

100th Post Celebration!!!

Yes, this is my 100th blog post!  Back in May, I decided to start this little blog.  You see, I'm not very crafty.  I'm not an athlete.  I'm not a health nut.  I'm not a cook.  But somewhere along the line, I realized that a lot of people were asking me how I came up with a certain idea or how I made this or that.  People were raving about a recipe that I made that was sooooo easy.  Or they were just commenting on how cool my table decorations or my party ideas were.  Basically, since I'm not a pro at any of this, my philosophy is that if I can do it, ANYONE can do it.  My blog is about learning how to save money, live healthier, cook special foods, do fun activities with the family, stay within budget, and make really cute items even if you've done nothing like that before.  I dont claim to be an expert.  I'm definitely not perfect.  I'm a stay at home Mom of three and I'm learning right along with you all.  I'm just passing on some tips to you that work for me.  And hopefully you'll enjoy the process right along with me!  Through Pinterest and Facebook, and Instagram and here, I pass along my tips and hope that someone out there learns a little something.  Please follow me, here on the blog or on any of the links provided above.  I promise you, my heart swells a little everytime someone clicks a like, comments on a post or repins a recipe. 

So in the past week, I've had a few things happen that have made me more than a little happy.  First, I was notified the other night that one of my recipes was re-pinned 100 times on Pinterest!!  I could not believe it!  My recipes are usually made from my need for quick, easy, delicious meals that will make my whole family happy.  And I think that is the appeal of that specific recipe.  My other little occurance that made me do a happy dance is that two days ago, I was in the grocery store when a woman came up to me.  She and I had met once before in a social setting, but don't know each other personally.  She grabbed the swiss cheese from her shopping cart and said "I'm so glad I ran into you today!  I'm making a recipe from your blog today, your French Onion Casserole!"  I helped her choose the correct type of cheese (Use shredded, not sliced.) and reminded her to buy some cream soup, and I got a message from her the next day saying that the recipe was a hit.  And now I am celebrating my 100th blog post, this one right here,  All about celebrating this little blog. 

Over on my Facebook page, we are celebrating a little.  My friend Kristen runs a cake and cupcake business here on Cape Cod.  CAPECAKES.  She is amazing and makes gorgeous cakes,

cupcakes


Blonde Bombshell
Vanilla cake topped with vanilla buttercream
Chip Overload
Vanilla cake with choc chips topped with choc chip buttercream
Pink Lemonade
Pink lemonade cake topped with lemonade frosting
Strawberry Shortcake
Vanilla cake filled with strawberries topped with whip cream frosting
Chocolate Desire
Chocolate~ Chocolate Chip cake topped with Chocolate buttercream
Peppermint Patty
Chocolate cake with a peppermint buttercream filling and frosting
Zingy Coconut Raspberry
Coconut cake filled with raspberry topped with vanilla buttercream & coconut
Oreo Cookie
Chocolate cake filled with vanilla buttercream and topped with cookies & cream buttercream
S’mores

Graham cracker bottom chocolate cake topped with marshmallow butter cream


Snickers

Chocolate cake filled caramel and topped with chocolate buttercream & a candy crumble

Cherry Cream Cheese
vanilla cake with a cream cheese pie filling and topped with a cream cheese frosting and cherry

Nutella Bella
chocolate cake filled with Nutella and topped with Nutella Buttercream

Pistachio
pistachio cake topped with a pistachio cream frosting and chopped pistachios

Salted Caramel
chocolate cake with a salted caramel frosting, caramel drizzle and crushed pretzels

Creamsicle
Orange cake filled with vanilla buttercream and topped with Orange buttercream
Lemon Burst
Lemon cake filled with lemon pudding topped with lemon frosting
Raspberry Dream
Chocolate or vanilla cake topped with raspberry buttercream
Peanutbutter Kiss
Chocolate cake filled with peanutbutter and topped with penutbutter buttercream
PB&J
Vanilla cake filled with jam and topped with peanutbutter buttercream
Boston Cream
Vanilla cakes filled with vanilla pastry cream topped with chocolate buttercream
Hop Scotch
Vanilla cake filled with butterscotch topped with butterscotch frosting and a caramel drizzle
The Bugs Bunny
Carrot cake filled and topped with cream cheese frosting
Scarlet
Red Velvet cake topped with cream cheese frosting
Banana Cream Pie
Banana cake filled with banana cream pie and topped with a Banana buttercream

Key Lime
Key lime cake with a key lime pie filling and topped with fresh whipped cream

Sunday Breakfast
French toast cake with maple buttercream and crispy bacon chunks
Turtle Cupcake
Chocolate cake with caramel pecan filling topped with a turtle frosting and caramel pecan drizzle
Cannoli Cupcake
vanilla cake filled with a choc chip cannoli cream and topped with a bittersweet chocolate ganache and almond cream frosting with chopped almonds


and

cake pops: 
Oreo Cake Pop
chocolate cake covered in white chocolate and rolled in crushed Oreo

Toasted Coconut
Decadent chocolate cake swirled in rich milk chocolate and rolled in toasted coconut for a German chocolate flair

Mint Chocolate
chocolate cake coated in mint dark chocolate and garnished with real Andes mint pieces

Lemon Drop
our refreshing lemon cake dipped in white candy coating and drizzled with bright yellow swirl

Vanilla
Classic vanilla cake dipped in white chocolate and trimmed with rainbow sprinkles

Simply Chocolate
chocolate cake surrounded by your choice of chocolate and dressed in rainbow sprinkles

Pink Lemonade
signature pink lemonade cake cover in a pink white chocolate and sprinkled with an edible glitter

Red Velvet
Delicious red velvet cake dipped in matching red candy and covered with little white sprinkles

Build your own
classic white cake ( colored in your choice or left white ) covered in either white or milk chocolate and topped with your favorite topping


  She makes her own frosting and sells it in mason jars, and she also makes cocktail cupcake shots and spirited cupcakes.  Her treats are delicious.  Her flavor list is endless.  And if you bring her an idea, she creates it with style, flavor and brings that idea to life. Check out her Facebook page and check out her website.


Her cupcakes have been part of many of my family's celebrations.  My Husband and I both love her pistachio cupcake the best.  My 9 year old's favorite is the Sunday Breakfast and my 5 year old's favorite is the Pink Lemonade.  My 18 month old's favorite has to be this.....


 
So here is the deal.  For my celebration, Cape Cakes and I are giving away some Cape Cakes treats.  Go to her Facebook page and "like" it.  Go to my Facebook page and "like" it.  Then comment on either page which flavor you'd like to win.  Locals to Cape Cod gets their choice of Cupcakes or Cake Pops.  Anyone not local gets Cake Pops, which are shippable.  We will randomly pick one winner.   It's as easy as that, so come join our celebration!!!  And as always, thank you for reading my blog.  It makes me very happy to hear that I am making a small difference in your lives!!!!  Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!! 




 
 




 
 
 
 


 


 

No comments: