Thursday, September 5, 2013

Add a little pumpkin to your life

Fall is right around the corner!  And you know what that means...... Pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING!  Donuts, coffee, pop tarts, and all the other yummy treats I love.  So in honor of fall, I made a pumpkin chocolate cake the other day.  So easy! 

Ingredients:
1 box of chocolate cake mix (Although you can use pretty much any kind.  Yellow, white, butter, etc. I bet a spice cake mix would be amazing!)
1 can of canned pumpkin
1/4-1/2 cup of milk

Preheat the oven according to the cake box instructions.  (Usually 350*-375* depending on the brand and flavor you use.) Spray a cake pan with non stick spray.  Pour the cake mix in a large bowl.  Add the canned pumpkin.  Mix thoroughly.  Start slowly adding the milk so the batter isnt so thick.  I was able to get it to a cake batter consistency using just over 1/4 cup.  Then pour into the cake pan and spread evenly.  Bake, cool, enjoy. 


Moist and delicious, filled with fiber and low in fat.  I was impressed by this recipe.  Because I was just testing this canned pumpkin recipe, I didn't frost or decorate it, but I know that when I make it next time (and I will be making it again!) that it will be super cute with Halloween or fall decorations and a fun frosting.  This would be perfect for a Halloween Birthday!

No comments: