Thursday, April 24, 2014

Ohhhhh fuuuuuudgggggge


As you know, I'm always on the lookout for new ways to make recipes a little, or a lot, healthier.  I have a wicked sweet tooth and love my chocolate.  A friend posted a recipe very similar to this and it looked so yummy.  I'm always trying to make sweet recipes with a healthy kick.  Sometimes these recipes work, sometimes they don't.  Fortunately, this one totally works.  Its a "healthy" candy.  Definitely NOT healthy, by any means, but it has fiber, high protein, and probably lower sugar and fat than most fudge and candy out there.  And it is delicious.  REALLY delicious.  Here we go.




Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter (I used 1/2 cup Jif, 1/2 cup Nuts 'n More high protein no sugar Toffee flavored peanut butter)
2/3 cup honey (Mine is local!)
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups of oats, not instant
1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (I used the same amount in crushed up dark Hershey's chocolate because that is what I had on hand)
3/4 cup of any other toppings that you choose.  I picked peanuts.  You could use almonds, dried cranberries, coconut, sunflower seeds, etc)

Directions:

Melt together the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a saucepan over medium heat.  Remove from heat when fully melted together and add the oats, chocolate chips and toppings.  Stir until combined and the chocolate chips are fully melted.  Spread into a 9x13 pan.  Refrigerate until hardened, about an hour.  Store in the refrigerator.



No comments: