Saturday, December 14, 2013

Gummy Bear Vinaigrette

I know, what a weird name for a salad dressing.  But yes, it really has gummy bears in it.  And it is yummy.  I mean truly yummy.  I have made it three times in the last two weeks.  I love salads anyways, but this dressing has me craving salads non stop.  It is my new favorite and I doubt I'll be buying salad dressings any time soon. 

Ingredients:
1 box of gummy bears (or any other non sugar coated gummy candy.....I used gummy lifesavers the last time I made this.)
Water
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp mustard (yellow, dijon or brown, whatever floats your boat)
1 tbsp orange juice
1/4 tbsp olive oil or grapeseed oil
1 pinch each of salt and pepper
lettuce, cucumbers, and your other assorted favorite salad ingredients.



Put your gummy bears in a small saucepan and cover with water, just so the gummys are all under water.


 
 
 Use a medium heat and melt them completely. When completely melted, take off heat and let them cool to room temp.

Now in a whisk jar or in a measuring cup with a spout side, mix together the gummy bear liquid, the mustard, the vinegar, the salt and pepper and the oj.  Whisk it together completely and then slowly add in the oil.  Grapeseed oil is flavor-less, so thats usually what I use.
 
Now make your favorite salad and top with your vinaigrette.  Here is my salad that has lettuce, cucumbers, apple sausages, feta and gummy bear dressing. 


 


No comments: