Saturday, January 18, 2014

A little bit about me.....

About 5 months ago, I started a Monkeys and Moustaches Facebook page.  I post the links to my blog posts over there, start random conversations with my followers, post exercise tips or funny pictures over there.  If you haven't "liked" me there yet, please click HERE.  I logged in today to learn that I hit 300 likes this week! With all the new followers, I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know exactly why I do what I do.  So Im going to re-post my introduction over here so all of you can "meet" me, also. 
 
Hello!  I am a Mom of three from Cape Cod, MA. My kids are 9, almost 6,and 21 months. My Husband is a chef and we have been married for almost 11 years, together for 13. I work part time from home as a blogger, a product sampler a...nd reviewer and I also watch a group of "borrowed kids" as I call them, 4 days a week. I also run the nursery program at my Church. I am busy, and life is hectic, but I wouldn't want it any other way. When I first had my son in 2004, my hours at my nanny job dropped dramatically and so I searched for ways to save my family money. I found a few companies that would send me free products and lots of coupons in return for my honest opinion. I learned to save money by watching sales, shopping clearance racks, using coupons and discount codes and stocking up when there is a huge sale. I also learned to create certain things that I wouldn't be able to spend money on otherwise. In all of these years as a Mom, I have saved money and made sure that my kids had all that they needed, most of what they wanted, and had fun every day. We do lots of crafts, bake and cook most days, and make fun items out of every day things. Im pretty sure that if you ask them, they'll tell you that our house is a fun house and that our family is a loving team.
 
  Photo credit: Sweet Connolly Photography

I also am a woman who is struggling with my weight. After the birth of my second child, I was at an all time high for weight, living a sedentary lifestyle and I finally admitted that I needed a change for my health. Now, 5 years later, I am over 100 lbs lighter. I am more active, eating much healthier, but still struggling. After a death in the family that sent me into my old eating habits in 2011, and then the pregnancy and then birth of my third baby in 2012, I found an extra 30 lbs on me. I have been losing and gaining the same 5-10 lbs ever since and now, just last week, I joined a gym and became committed more than ever to winning this battle. I have some health issues that I determined to beat and they will not hold me back from anything.

So that is me. I am happy to see all of these new faces and names each day, following my progress, joining in with me, cooking my recipes, trying my DIY tips, etc. I enjoying hearing that I have inspired you to join me, whether it is exercising a bit more, eating healthier, making crafts with your kids, saving money using a tip on my page, etc. And I also love to hear your triumphs. So feel free to comment, send me a message, find me on Instagram or Pinterest. I'd love to hear from you!

Please check out my page if you haven't already..... Facebook.com/MonkeysandMoustaches 

No comments: